Fit Over 40, created and authored by Jon Benson with Tom Venuto, reveals the real secrets of successful physically fit people over-forty and beyond. Although the title uses “over forty” – there is definitely something to be learned by all ages in this book.
About the Program
In Fit Over 40 you will learn about Jon Benson’s background of obesity and health issues. Because he heeded his doctor’s advice, he did something about his lifestyle and transformed his body.
This led to the research he did of the people he considered to be “role-models” and in this book you’ll discover the profiles of fifty-four “real life” role models conducted by Jon.
Some names you’ll recognize like Dr. Richard Winett, Clarence Bass, Dave Draper – former Mr. Universe, Shawn Phillips, and more! These role models had succeeded.
He met with them and studied their lifestyles. In these profiles you’ll not see just the typical “before and after” pictures, you’ll read the secrets they share of how they achieved a fit and healthy lifestyle.
One of the main messages I received from reading this book is the fact that most people wait until they are obese and unhealthy to start exercising and eating right. You’ll find that many of the role models were obese, and had various health issues such as osteoporosis, heart problems, hormonal deficiency, multiple sclerosis, drug addiction, alcoholism, and more. But they changed their lives and now they share their secrets.
Some of these stories are truly amazing, inspirational and motivational. You’ll read about:
- A grandmother (77 years old) that trains and competes in body building with her daughter (48 years old)
- A woman (52 years old), once paralyzed and in a wheelchair for 2 years that is now running, skiing, riding horses, lifting weights, has her black belt, and she’s an actress and stuntwoman
- A man at age 62 that looks better now than he did when he was 22 – and this was after being addicted to alcohol and drugs and having congestive heart failure at age 48.
Tom Venuto goes into great detail on topics of nutrition, training, and mental-conditioning. This information will help anyone at any age stay lean and fit. You’ll also discover how your mindset affects how you do things or how you don’t do things. Another eye opener is discovering the differences between your chronical age and your biological age.
Additionally the 5 Pillars of Anti-Aging are discussed indepth. You’ll find a chapter for weight-training, flexibility, aerobics, nutrition, and recovery and renewal.
Foods You Can Eat
This book wasn’t written to be a “diet” however it will help you lose weight and tone up. You will learn how to personalize your own nutrition program with what works for you and learn the rules of eating that boosts your metabolism.
The program comes with extensive training videos.
You can opt to purchase the standard book and program which sells for $39.00. He also offers a deluxe program which sells for $59.00.
- The program is affordable
- The tools are provided for everything you need to succeed
- It’s suitable for any age or gender
- It’s packed with motivation
- You will build muscle, get lean and fit, and achieve a healthier lifestyle.
The facts and tools in this book have been proven by the people that share their stories, what they did to accomplish their goals and maintain them. If you’re ready to work hard and change your lifestyle, Fit Over 40 may be right for you.