Thai food is delicious! However it’s also high in calories. The coconut chicken soup is over 200 calories and an iced coffee is over 170 calories.
I have a recipe from Denise Austin that you’ll love if you love Thai Food!
Broiled Beef Slices With Bangkok Salad
– 12 ounces lean boneless beef top round steak, trimmed of all visible fat
– 1/2 tsp. crushed red-pepper flakes, divided
– 1/8 tsp. salt
– 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce (sold in the international foods aisle)
– 2 tbsp. olive or canola oil
– 1 tbsp. sugar
– 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
– 6 cups shredded red and green leaf lettuce, romaine, or mixed greens
– 1 cup sliced cucumber
– 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet white onion
– 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
– 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
– 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and coat the rack with cooking spray. Rub the steak on both sides with 1/4 tsp. pepper flakes and the salt.
Broil the steak 4 to 6 inches from the heat, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness, until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F, for medium rare. Transfer to a plate.
In a large salad bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar, garlic, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes. Mix with a fork. Spoon one tablespoon of the dressing over the steak on the plate, and let the steak stand for 10 minutes.
Add the greens, cucumber, onion, radishes, cilantro, and mint to the remaining dressing and toss to mix well. Divide among individual plates.
Cut the steak into thin slices on an angle and arrange on top of the salads. Spoon the steak juices over the top.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 223 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 22 g protein, 11 g total fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 3 g dietary fiber, 735 mg sodium